Senior Structural Engineers
Engenuiti is growing and has new opportunities within our Structural team as well as Civil team. We are an unashamedly people-driven practice, rooted in our technical strength and motivated by working on projects which are exemplary in respect of their low impact on the environment. We are known for our commitment to sustainability and strive for each project to be better than the last.
We’re looking for a Chartered Senior Structural Engineer with 4-6 years’ of experience – someone who is passionate about structural engineering and delivering high-quality creative designs. You will be self-motivated, have strong technical ability, excellent interpersonal skills and be proactive in problem solving.
We have a strong focus on personal development and will support you as you grow and develop your skillset further. We foster a flat structure where ideas are encouraged from everyone and learning is shared. You will be managing and mentoring junior members of the team and contributing to organisational learning within the practice. You will also be contributing to design reviews for other projects within the Practice.
We have embraced hybrid working and maintain a keen focus on the wellbeing of our team. We operate flexible working arrangements allowing staff to balance studio and home-working time, supported by high-spec IT infrastructure and a collaborative team.
We are based in our own studio space near London Bridge. We offer an excellent package of employee benefits including 25 days holiday, private health insurance, enhanced maternity and partner’s leave, employee assistance programme, professional subscriptions, CPD opportunities, studio lunches, annual study trip and regular team socials.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Chartered Membership of either the IStructE or ICE. Near-chartered applicants will be considered if they bring suitable experience and are close to achieving this goal.
- An ability to lead a portfolio of projects for the structural engineering team, liaising with architects and clients to understand their needs and specific requirements.
- Some experience in assisting with preparation of bids and understanding of the business development opportunities presented during the life of a project.
- Experience of workshopping ideas with architects and design teams to find holistic well-considered design opportunities.
- An ability to lead the development of viable and creative structural solutions within the scope of a design brief, taking account of structural stability, durability, aesthetics, sustainability, and cost.
- Significant experience in the analysis and design of structural forms including an ability to lead the specification and co-ordination of materials – steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
- Expert knowledge of the Eurocodes, other design guidance and a demonstrable range of construction techniques, together with the skill to apply these appropriately in design situations.
- Knowledge of relevant environmental, societal, sustainability and economic issues, and associated legislation.
- Strong, effective communication skills including an ability to present your work, ideas and engineering principles to our clients, collaborators, and the wider team.
- An ability to oversee the production of drawings, sketches and reports that convey the appropriate level of detail and standard of presentation, together with experience of managing project outputs and deliverables against our contracted scope.
- Knowledge of Revit, Robot and Tekla Structural Designer would be an advantage.
If you have an inquiring mind and believe you will be a great addition to our team, then please do get in touch. We’d love to hear from you. Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
(We are not working with agencies for this role and do not accept unsolicited introductions from recruitment agencies.)